Saturday, October 1, 2011

"Kung fu artist ends hair-raising career to become nun." Would you trade your Black Belt for a Black Habit ?

READ IT AND WEEP:





KAIFENG, China (Reuters) 鈥?A Chinese kung fu artist who tows cars and cuts paper with her braided hair has given up her crowning glory to officially become a Buddhist nun.





Zhang Tingting completely shaved off the hair that she says has "kung fu power" and extraordinary strength so that she can enter a temple as a nun.





"I really always wanted to cut my hair off, but I couldn't because of the performances. But this time I've given it up for good," Zhang told Reuters. "It feels great."





The 52-year-old artist has performed across China for decades, after taking up martial arts when she was 17. She began living the life of a nun two years ago.





Before bidding her meter-long braid farewell, she pulled six passenger cars some 50 meters (164 ft) through a Beijing suburb, then repeated the feat with ten cars, for about 30 meters, in her hometown of Kaifeng, Henan Province.





Although Zhang and her plait are now permanently separated, the hair has been preserved. Authorities are considering sending it on a pilgrimage to sacred Buddhist sites in Tibet, or displaying it in a local museum.





The Guinness World Record for the heaviest single vehicle to have been pulled by a person's hair is held by He Jianma from China, who dragged an 8.28-tonne bus 30 meters this May.|||Whatever floats your junk.|||Does she still do kung fu? I'd hang out with a kung fu nun.|||An honourable soul who gave so much to us.


She is more a saint than a nun, and his a testomy to the feats of human endeavor


Thanks for the news|||In my faith - as well as my traditional culture - we're expected to be able to kick the crap out of someone while remaining true to the Gods *and* hasing a smrt. 鈽?The most highly respected people in my faith and traditional culture were those who could not only swing a sword well but also write poetry and who were quick of wit. That still holds true thousands of years later.





No, I would not trade. I would train harder, matter of fact. It would be yet another way to honor my deities and my ancestors.





I do respect the decision this woman made. Sounds like this is part of her faith and I always respect those who stay true to their faith in a peaceful manner and don't bother others with it. Buddhists don't bother anyone, so more power to her.|||David Carridine was found hanging naked in a closet in bankok

No comments:

Post a Comment