Friday, September 23, 2011

Good Chinese Martial Art/Kung Fu schools or teachers in or near Fresno, California.?

Hello, I have spent some time trying to find a place that teaches Kung Fu or Chinese Martial Arts, but to no avail. I really want to start up, and have gotten books to learn about it, but I am not quite confident that I am doing it correctly and as I live in Fresno, CA, finding a school or teacher for something like that is not a simple task (people who live here will understand :) ). As for the specific style(s) I am looking for, I would prefer Baguazhang or Hsing-I (Xinyiquan), as those seem to suit me better. I've looked up a couple (the only ones I found), but couldn't find one that seemed refutable. So, I was wondering if anyone knew of a good School or Teacher in or near Fresno, preferably for the two styles I listed. If not, then just a school to get me started in the common basics of Kung Fu would be nice, and I wouldn't mind a 20 minute drive if it meant learning well. I hope there are some good answers, preferably from first-hand experience.


As a side note, if anyone knows of a good place to learn Muay Thai here, that would be nice too (That one's for someone else, heh).





I hope for some good answers, the help is much appreciated!|||Your lucky, California is so close to Asia that many Asian immigrants (including masters) tend to go to Cali first, so you can find some of the best places.





My favorite is:


Wushu Central


879 Coleman Ave. #40 San Jose, CA 95110


408-850-9479


http://www.wushucentral.com/index.php





They train a great number of wushu and kung fu students that participate in regional and national kung fu demonstrations/tournaments. Check out their video section.





Willis Kenpo Kung-Fu鈥?br>

4770 East Clinton Avenue, Fresno, CA鈥?- (559) 252-8924鈥?br>




Kenpo For Kids Academy of Martial Arts鈥?


8963 North Chestnut Avenue, Fresno, CA鈥?- (559) 230-9466鈥?br>




John Cho Kung-Fu School鈥?br>

2435 North Fresno Street, Fresno, CA鈥?- (559) 225-9796鈥?br>




Moores Karate %26amp; Kung Fu鈥?br>

4419 East Tulare Avenue, Fresno, CA鈥?- (559) 251-4556鈥?br>




Wing Chun Kung Fu Academy鈥?br>

4909 East Dakota Avenue, Fresno, CA鈥?- (559) 294-6509鈥?br>




John Cho's Kung Fu School鈥?br>

1734 West Bullard Avenue, Fresno, CA鈥?- (559) 225-9796鈥?br>




Shaolin Kungfu鈥?


4015 North Marks Avenue, Fresno, CA鈥?- (559) 225-0100鈥?br>




Royce Gracie Jiu-Jitsu-Fresno


393 West Shaw Avenue, Clovis, CA鈥?- (559) 322-4084鈥?br>




Valley Fight Club鈥?br>

700 E Lacey Blvd, Hanford, CA鈥?- (559) 584-7333鈥?/div>


  • 1 year ago




  • Report Abuse





Asker's Rating:

5 out of 5

Asker's Comment:

Thanks so much for the help, man!

No comments:

Post a Comment