Friday, September 16, 2011

If you have seen mulitple chinese kung fu movies, then you might know who Lau Kar Leung is?

What do you think of him? Do you like his work or are you a hater? or in between? I need to know!! Thanks!! (it's for a bet with my old man).|||I think hes a good martial art choreographer but i dont like him as an actor. I think whats fascinating is that is sifu was wong fei hungs pupil.|||Lau Kar Leung is a High Level Master of the Hung Style.





His Sifu is not Wong Fei Hong's student. His Teacher was his Father, Lau Jaam, who was a student of Lam Sai Wing - aka Butcher Wing - who was Wong Fei Hong's Senior Disciple.





Lau Kar Leung is the REAL DEAL! He is my all time favorite movie Director, Fight Choreographer and Actor. His students are all his brothers, which include Gordon Lau/Liu - the Master Killer, Kara Hui and my favorite of his students - Hsiao Ho - "Monkey".





Here he is in a spectacular scene with his students -





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjKvmFw99鈥?/a>





A true Master.|||I've always admired his works and found his Kung Fu choreography to be more tight and grounded in realism compared to Yuen Woo Ping's,which is not to say he can't do any high flying wire work choreography if he wanted to, check out the outrageous choreography in the movie Operation Scorpio.

No comments:

Post a Comment