Friday, September 23, 2011

Which is better?Chinese Kung Fu or Japanese Karate?

None !


It's ultimately down to how you personally can adapt to and endure the training but I'd personally choose kung fu :)***|||The Japanese and Korean styles are copied from Chinese styles. Chinese styles have all of the moves you find in Japanese and Korean styles, plus many that they do not have. There are many Chinese styles. Wu Shu is the proper Chinese term for Martial Arts. Kung Fu means literally Work master and signifies Great Achievement Gained By Hard Work. An emperor had a kung fu chef, and one can achieve kung fu in any field. We have many self-proclaimed "experts" in this category that do not even know the meanings of Chinese and Japanese words.|||Unfortunately there are a lot of Chinese kung fu out there that only concentrate on forms and how good the techniques look, and not enough on fighting applications. Those kung fu will not beat karate..





karate from Japan is a very rigid style.(unlike karate in Okinawa), it is a purely external style. Karate would have a hard time keeping up with great fighters in Internal style such as T'ai Chi Ch'uan, Xíngyìquán and Bāguàzhǎng., or other styles such as wingchun, southern praying mantis, choylayfut, and Shaolin style of kung fu and a few more. Some of these has hard and soft within the art. And the rigid karate style won't be able to win. (this is not taking account of the fighters' abilities)|||Neither is better. It all depends on how good the instructor is, how realisticly the school trains, and how hard the student trains.





Remember there are also many different styles of Kung Fu and karate, those are just the generic names.





Heretic- you need to get a clue before you answer. I don't know whether to laugh at your ignorance or slap you upside the head and knock some comen sense into you. the samurai studied Martial arts.|||Kung Fu (speaking generally) is far more complex and has a steeper learning curve. Once mastered, I think Kung Fu is a much more rewarding art to master. I remember learning the first form in Hung Gar, the "Plum Flower" fist form, it was way more complicated than anything I had done while learning Kempo and convinced me that I had better stick with trying to master the taiji part of the system.





I started Fu Hok Tae He Morn, after earning my black belt in Kempo, I started the Chinese Martial Arts on the suggestions of many friends. I do really enjoy the Wu solo form and the competition form. There are too many Kung Fu forms for me, as I started in a formless art (Krav Maga).





Personally I feel the Chinese Martial Arts have far more depth to them and are a treasure chest of technique, limited only by your imagination|||Besides the fact that what the samurai did bears little resemblance to what we do today.


Neither can really claim superiority .Some claim kung fu is like trigonometry while karate is like basic math.Either way self defense is 1+1= 2 usually the rest is just excercise.|||Karate lol why would you even ask that. Search it up on youtube, anywhere. Kung Fu never wins a fight against any other martial art (except for bruce lee). Kung Fu is great for giving you focus, determination, balance, and all that, but Karate is much better and more practical for fightng.|||I have said this more times than I have blinked I think.





THEIR IS NO STYLE BETTER THAN ANOTHER!!





THE PRACTICE ONER is the one that determines if the style is effective or not. They all have good and bad points so it falls ultimately into the hands of the user themselves.





(please excuse if you all see two impersonators here that fell in love with me lol)|||Chinese Kung Fu..why?because it specializes all the techniques including the strenght ,energy and impact of an attack with fluent motion.while Japanese really doesn't specializes martial arts,they're more on Samurai.|||I don't know but I have a couple of questions, too. Which is better, basketball or baseball? Who is the better athlete a sprinter or a long distance runner? What is the better tasting food, Italian or Mexican?|||Strictly my opinion, Japanesse Karate is better for ME because it's principles are easier to understand and apply.|||My sensei always said the best style is the style that you like|||Kung fu.

No comments:

Post a Comment